THE BOOK OF REVELATION Part 10

THE BOOK OF REVELATION
Part 10
The Revelation Of Jesus Christ
~ ~ ~
Message to the Church in Philadelphia
The Words of Jesus written to the Church of Philadelphia
"To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:
These are the Words of Him Who is Holy and True, Who holds the key of David. What He opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept My Word and have not denied My Name. I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars — I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. Since you have kept My Command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.
I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the Temple of My God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him The Name of My God and the Name of the City of My God, The New Jerusalem, which is coming down out of Heaven from My God; and I will also write on him My New Name. He who has an ear, let him hear what The Spirit says to the churches.
Rev 3:7-13 NIV

We have now come to the sixth letter, sent to one of the Asian churches, where observe, for whom it was more immediately designed: The angel of the church of Philadelphia; this also was a city in Asia Minor, seated upon the borders of Mysia and Lydia, and had its name from that ‘brotherly love’ for which it was eminent.

“Brotherly love,” is the affection that all believers should have, one for another, as the children of one Father and the brethren of Christ. The church in Philadelphia was known in ancient time for this attribute. They had an excellent spirit, and were sanctified by Grace of the Gospel.
By Christ whom this letter to the church in Philadelphia was signed; even by the same Jesus Who is alone the universal Head of the Church; here, is represented:
He that is Holy, He that is True, He that hath the key of David (read from KJV).
He hath the key of David, He openeth, and no man shutteth; He hath the key of the house of David, the key of God’s divine Government and Authority over the Church.
He opens a door to His Church (the Philadelphian saints); that’s ‘the door of Grace’ to His people. Through this door, His saints attain triumph by His Blood. Through this door, we are able to come into His Presence and His Spirit communes with us. Through this door the gift of Salvation reaches the Jew and the Gentiles, who will be unified in Christ.
Our Lord Jesus brings to mind what He has done for us: “I have set before thee ‘an Open Door,’ and no man can shut it…” v. 8.
He is the Author of all the liberty and privileges that we enjoy in The Lord. He preserves our spiritual liberty and heritage.
The wicked and the ungodly envy the people of God to whom this door is opened. No man can shut this door!
But, against those who are rebellious, He shuts this door. He shuts ‘the door of Grace’ against ‘the foolish virgins’ who despise ‘the day of Grace.’ He shuts ‘the door of Heaven’ against the workers of iniquity.

Church of Philadelphia was a “revival church” with ‘brotherly love.’

1700-1900 A.D.