The Presentation of Jesus Christ in the 66 Books of the Bible - Part 20

LAMENTATIONS
In Lamentations He is “the weeping Prophet of The Most High.”
Lamentations includes elements that typify Christ’s life and ministry as ‘the man of sorrows’ who was acquainted with grief. He was afflicted, despised, and derided by men.
Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by? behold, and see if there be any sorrow like unto my sorrow, which is done unto me, wherewith the Lord hath afflicted me in the day of His fierce anger.
Lam 1:12 KJV
I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall.
Lam 3:19 NIV
He giveth his cheek to him that smiteth him: he is filled full with reproach.
Lam 3:30 KJV

“The weeping prophet” Jeremiah is a type of Christ. Jesus wept over the same city six centuries later.
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Behold, your house is left unto you desolate (Matt 23:37-38 KJV).
Like Christ, Jeremiah identified himself personally with the plight of Jerusalem and with human suffering caused by sin.

And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
Then saith He unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with Me.

Matt 26:38 KJV