The Presentation of Jesus Christ in the 66 Books of the Bible - Part 10

FIRST AND SECOND KINGS
                   &
FIRST AND SECOND CHRONICLES
In 1st and 2nd Kings and 1st and 2nd Chronicles He is “our Eternal Reigning King.”
Now therefore thus shalt thou say unto My servant David, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, even from following the sheep, that thou shouldest be ruler over My people Israel:
And I have been with thee whithersoever thou hast walked, and have cut off all thine enemies from before thee, and have made thee a name like the name of the great men that are in the Earth.
Also I will ordain a place for My people Israel, and will plant them, and they shall dwell in their place, and shall be moved no more; neither shall the children of wickedness waste them any more, as at the beginning,
And since the time that I commanded judges to be over My people Israel. Moreover I will subdue all thine enemies. Furthermore I tell thee that the Lord will build thee an house.
And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.
He shall build Me an house, and I will stablish his Throne for ever.
I will be his Father, and he shall be My son: and I will not take My Mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:
But I will settle him in Mine house and in My Kingdom for ever: and his Throne shall be established for evermore.
1 Chron. 17:7-14 KJV
The closest way in which David foreshadow “Christ the Coming King” can be seen in the Covenant God made with him in Second Samuel 7:4-17.
David wanted to build a house for God; but instead, God made a house for David. The same three promises of an Eternal Kingdom, Throne, and Seed are later given to Christ.
He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto Him the Throne of His father David:
And He shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of His Kingdom there shall be no end.
Luke 1:32-33 KJV
There are nine different dynasties in the northern kingdom of Israel, but there is only one dynasty in Judah. The promise of a permanent dynasty (eternal rule and reign) is fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

Solomon typifies Christ in a number of ways. His fabled wisdom points ahead to “Christ Jesus, Who became for us Wisdom from God” (I Cor.1:30). Solomon’s knowledge, fame, glory, wealth, and honor foreshadow Christ in His Eternal Kingdom. However, despite Solomon’s splendor, the Son of Man later says,
“…behold a greater than Solomon is here.”
Matt 12:42 KJV
In Matthew 12:6, Jesus said: “I tell you that One greater than the temple is here” (NIV).
In Revelation 21:22 He replaces the temple: “But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.”

For unto which of the angels said He at any time, Thou art My Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to Me a Son?
And again, when He bringeth in the Firstbegotten into the world, He saith, And let all the angels of God worship Him.

Heb 1:5-6 KJV